Matki pulao, this one is truly a protein treasure trove lined with the goodness of matki sprouts, this pulao is not only easy-to-digest but nutritious too. Try variations of this pulao by replacing matki with other sprouts.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 8 mins
1 cup boiled matki (moth beans) sprouts
2 cups cooked rice
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 to 3 cloves (laung / lavang)
1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions whites
1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
salt to taste
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the cloves, asafoetida, green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the matki sprouts and again sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and salt, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
|143 kcal||4.8 gm||17.6 gm||2.5 gm.||0.9 gm||1.5 mg|