Enjoy this sumptuous, wholesome, healthy recipe which serves 4 and can be perfectly accompanied with a bowl of raita! Try it out
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 cup long grained rice (basmati)
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 cup potato cubes
1/4 cup green peas
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1 clove (laung / lavang)
2 cardamoms (elaichi)
1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
50 mm (2″) piece of cinnamon (dalchini)
salt to taste
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania) for garnishing
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine together cauliflower, potatoes, green peas, onions, coriander, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, chilli powder, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste, clove, cardamom, bayleaf, cinnamon and salt in a handi and mix well.
- Add the rice to the vegetable mixture and mix gently and keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Put 3 cups of water to boil, pour it into the handi, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 30 minutes or till the rice gets cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander