The traditional aloo-mutter combination is here in a new zero oil avatar, tasty as ever! Since green peas are crammed with fibre, it is indeed a health treat for your heart, as fibre helps to remove excess fat (cholesterol) from the body.
Aloo Mutter Korma
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1 cup chopped tomatoes
A pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp sugar
1 cup boiled fresh green peas
1 1/2 cups potatoes , boiled , peeled and cut into cubes
salt to taste
1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania) for the garnish
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast for about 10 seconds.
- Add the onions and cook till they turn brown while stirring continuously.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and tomatoes and simmer till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, sugar, peas and potatoes and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and salt and simmer till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander
|280||6 gm||32 gm||2 gm||0 mg||1000 mg||6 gm|