If you are on the lookout for a healthy, nutritional and sumptuous meal then you have hit the jackpot with this recipe. Ideal for diabetic patients and those on a health look out, this carrot and fenugreek combination will not only satisfy those hunger pangs, but will instill in you a jolt of energy and health.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
2 cups carrot cubes
2 cups chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 large onion finely chopped
3 to 4 green chillies finely chopped
1 large cloves of garlic (lehsun) finely chopped
12 ginger (adrak) finely chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onion, green chillies, garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and 1 cup of water and stir.
- Cover and cook over a slow flame till all the moisture has evaporated and the carrots are tender.
- Serve hot, with the paneer khulchas or hot phulkas
|Amount||Energy||Protein||Cholesterol||Fat||Vit A||Vit C||Calcium||Iron||F.Acid||Fibre|
|65 gms||55 kcal||1.2gm||6.6 gm||2.7 gm||879.3 mcg||10.8 mg||89.3 mg||0.7 mg||5.7 mcg||0.6 gm|