Here’s a healthy breakfast recipe, that will definitely make you a hit with the kids as well as adults. Also remember, it is very nutritional!
Green Peas Poha
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
2 cups thick beaten rice (poha)
2 tsp oil
½ tsp mustard seeds (Rai)
½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
½ cup finely chopped onions
½ cup boiled green peas
Salt to taste
¾ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhaniya)
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, 2 tbsp of water, salt and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the beaten rice in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Toss well to drain out all the excess water.
- Add the washed and drained beaten rice, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, lemon juice, milk and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, mix well and keep aside to cool slightly.
|161 calories||3.5 gm||28.5 gm||2.9 g||6.4 mg||1.8 gm|