If you are looking out for some easy to cook, home made tea time snacks, here is a popular recipe for bread rolls.
- 15 slices bread
For Filling :
- 2 cup cooked vegetables
- 2 mashed potatoes
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 tsp ginger, garlic & green chili paste
- Chopped coriander
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp limejuice
- Take a frying pan and pour some oil and heat it for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli paste and saute for a few minutes.
- Transfer the cooked veggies in this pan and cook for another 10 minutes till veggies become tender.
- Add all the spices and salt in the veggies and stir well.
- Once the mixture is well cooked, add lime juice and coriander. Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Cut and discard the brown corners of the bread slices.
- Dip the bread slices in water, take this out from water immediately and squeeze out the excess water.
- Put the 1 tsp of filling inside this bread. Fold and close the edges together with little
- Prepare the rest of the rolls in similar fashion. Refrigerate these rolls for 1 hour.
- Take a frying fan and pour oil and heat it. Deep fry the refrigerated rolls till golden brown.
- Fry the rest of the rolls in the same manner.
Serve with tomato ketchup or green chutney.