Most of us who are working professionals do not get enough time to cook in the kitchen. With the busy work schedules, we find ways to prepare our food in least amount of time possible.
Here is a quick recipe for Vegetable Pulau. Do try it and let us know how it turned out.
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 cup Water
- 200 gms Cauliflower
- 2 small Potatoes
- 1 small Carrot
- 1/2 cup fresh Peas
- 1 large Onion
- 3-4 black Cardamoms
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2-4 Cloves
- 4 tblsp Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash the rice thoroughly and keep it aside, soaking in water for one hour.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Take a frying pan, heat oil in it on a medium flame and saute the onions first and then add the tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes and then add the rest of the veggies.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cardamoms in the pan. Stir continuously.
- Saute for the veggies 5 minutes, add little water and cook till the potatoes and peas are half
- Transfer the soaked rice in the pan along with some salt and red chilli powder. Mix the contents nicely.
- Now add two cups of water and boil the mixture.
- When the water starts boiling, cover and cook rice on a low flame.
- Cook till the rice is done
- You can add other items like paneer, mushrooms, etc to add a variety to the flavor.
- Serve with chilled raita.