Enjoy the blend of Arbi (colocasia) with Indian spices and onion garlic paste. This North Indian dish can be easily made at home. Try this recipe and let us know how it turned out.
- 250 gms Medium sized Arbi
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 3 tbsp Oil
- ½ Ajwain
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Green chilli
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Garam masala
- 250 gms chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Green chilli
- ½ Red chilli powder
- 2 Laung
- 2 laichi
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Kasoori methi
1. Cook the arbi in a pressure cooker till one whistle blows. Drain the water and keep aside.
2. To prepare the gravy:
- Take a separate pan, add water, tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, green chilli, red chilli, laung and elaichi.
- Cover it with a lid and cook for 5-8 minutes on a medium flame or till the mixture becomes thick. Let the water boil off. Blend this in a mixer and strain. Transfer this mixture in a cooking pan
- Now add butter, honey and salt to this mixture.
- Keep the pan on a low flame and let it boil. Now add the kasoori methi and remove pan from fire.
- Keep the gravy aside.
3. Peel the arbi and sprinkle it with chilli powder, salt and besan. Make sure the arbi is coated all over.
4. Take a fry pan, and heat oil in this pan. Add the besan coated arbi and saute for a few minutes.
5. Add onion, grated ginger, ajwain, green chilli and salt to taste. Mix and saute for 2-3 minutes more.
6. Sprinkle coriander and stir.
7. Now add the gravy to the pan with the arbi and stir till arbi is covered with the gravy completely.
8. Cook for a few minutes on medium flame.
9. Garnish, add lemon juice, coriander leaves and garam masala.
Your dish is ready. Serve hot with chapatis or parathas.