This delicious item makes for a quick fix for your hunger pangs or a nice side dish to your main course meal.
4 green chilies
4 cloves of garlic
2 tsp cumin seeds
Small piece of ginger (1 inch)
1 twig coriander
2 large onions.
2 cup Water
2 tsp chili powder
1 cup freshly grated coconut
- In a mixer, blend together the green chillies, garlic, cumin seeds, coriander and the ginger into a paste.
- Remove this mixture and keep aside.
- Now grind the onions in a blender and keep aside.
- Sift the besan flour and add water to make a paste of medium consistency.
- Add the masala paste and the onion paste in the besan mixture and stir well.
- To this mixture add chili powder, salt and grated coconut. Mix well.
- In a pan, cook this mixture on a medium flame till it becomes thick.
- Pour this mixture in a baking pan, and bake in the oven on pre-heated oven at 150 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven and keep it to cool.
- Now cut the besan in triangular or square shape.
- Shallow fry the pieces till golden brown.
- Serve with green chutney or ketchup.
You can preserve the besan vadis in a refrigerator and fry them whenever required.
Serve these delicious besan vadis as starters as well as afternoon snacks.