Beetroot Pachadi (Kerala Style) is a part of Onam Sadya. This is a very tasty dish and very easy to prepare, we will learn how to make Beetroot pachadi following our easy recipe.
- Beetroots 2 medium size grated
- Small Onions 5
- Green Chilly 4
- Curry Leaves 2 stalks
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Uluva / fenugreek seeds 1/4tsp
- Dry Red Chillies 1
- Curd 1 or 11/2 cups
- Coconut grated 1 cup
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Garlic 1 clove
- Ginger 1/4 ” piece
- Heat oil. Allow mustard seeds and fenugreeks to splutter.
- Break red chillies into two. Put them in the oil with curry leaves and crushed small onions.
- Add chopped green chillies too and saute for a while.
- Put grated beetroots and salt, stir and allow to cook on a low flame.
- When it is cooked, pour the ground solution to the above cooked beetroots.
- Mix well, when it is hot , remove from fire. No need to boil.
- Add curd according to the thickness and taste as you desired.
Do leave your feedback in the comments below.