Janmashtami is a festival that is celebrated with lot of excitement and joy all over India. On this day people make different types of food to please Lord Krishna.
The Janmashtami food items are generally made of milk products as Lord Krishna was very fond of milk and milk products. Devotees fast for the day and break it at midnight after the birth of Lord Krishna.
There are some traditional Janmashtami recipes that are prepared on this day. One of them is Til ki Kheer. So here’s the recipe for Kheer:
Til ki Kheer (Sesame Pudding)
100 gm White til
100 gm Desiccated coconut fresh or dry
40 gm Sugar
1 tbsp Raisins
1 tbsp Cashew nuts broken and soaked in warm water
4-5 no Green Cardamom
1 ltr Full cream milk
1 tin Condensed milk
1. Dry roast til and crush them. Keep aside.
2. Pour milk in a sauce pan and boil for 10 minutes. Stir continuously.
3. Then add condensed milk and stir and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
4. Now put crushed cardamoms and sugar. Stir continuously.
5. Add roasted til and desiccated coconut. Keep on stirring. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
6. Pour in a serving dish and garnish with raisins and cashew nuts.
7. This can be used as fast food.