As the name itself suggests, Naram Dil means soft heart. This delicious kebab has got cheese filling which gives it a softness so it melts in your mouth.
Potatoes – 3 medium sized boiled, peeled and mashed
Spinach – 1 bunch
Green peas – 1/2 cup boiled and mashed
Coriander leaves – 2-3 tblsp chopped
Cornflour – 2 tblsp
Salt, chaat masala and red chilli powder to taste
For the filling:
Cheddar cheese – 1/4 cup grated
Raisins – 1 tblsp
Cashew nuts broken – 1 tblsp
Oil to fry
- Blanch the spinach leaves, drain and squeeze the water and chop the leaves.
- Mix the potatoes, spinach leaves, coriander leaves, green peas, cornflour and all the spices and mash and mix nicely.
- Mix all the ingredients for filling.
- Take the kabab mixture and make balls out of the mixture, make a hole in the centre of the ball and stuff the cheese filling.
- Flatten the balls a little and fry in hot oil till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
Hope you like this very famous delicacy brought to you by Soul Food Network Pvt. Ltd..